Monday, February 25, 2008

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

Weather in the Puget Sound area was beautiful this weekend. I wanted to get out and take advantage of it at the same time getting more familiar with my great little digital camera. I don't have anything fancy, but I am amazed at the pictures I can get with it. A good shot is even easier to achieve on a sunny, blue sky day like yesterday. I had a third motive that sent me searching for a botanical garden setting that would provide me with lovely subjects. I need some thing new for my walls at home.

I tend to get overwhelmed by shopping for framed art. It is very rare that I am stumped when it comes to shopping. I love shopping and I love decorating my home even more. However, when I think about investing in a piece of fine art I instantly get indecisive. I think this happens mostly because my tastes change so often - I get bored easily. I'm always afraid I'll get tired of it in a year and artwork is something I feel you should love for a lifetime. Anyway, I digress...

I decided to head out to the W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory in Tacoma, WA. I was lucky enough to find a fellow EtsyRain'er who would accompany me. Thanks Sima! The little Atrium was really beautiful. The colors were so vibrant and the subjects amazing. I think I got a few really nice photographs. I'm thinking I might even list a few in my shop. If you want to see the rest of my shots I have them posted to my Flickr!. And if you have a free day and need some inspiration I'd recommend a trip to the lovely little W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory.

1 comment:

' said...

Your pictures came out fantastic! I don't make it to Tacoma often, but I'll keep this place in mind when I do.

"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open." ~ John Barrymore