Friday, October 17, 2008

All things Fall

I got to carve pumpkins last night. Yay! It was so much fun, and I think it was the first time I'd done it since I was a kid. The Affleck family (Kelly, Daryl, Charlie, and Clara) let me tag along to pick out the gourds and then back to the house for carving.

My first reaction to the goopy, stringy innards was - SAVE THE SEEDS!!! Hah, leave it to me to turn any holiday tradition into a "food thing". It was so funny watching 2 year old Clara get totally slimy in the bowl of seeds. She came very close to dunking her head in the bowl!

I think my interpretation of a friendly vampire o'lantern turned out great. The seeds were pretty good too. I might even have to get another pumpkin so The Count, that is what I am calling him, isn't lonely on my front porch.

No comments:

"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open." ~ John Barrymore